Vietnamese Iced Coffee
A dairy-free version of this bold and exotic coffee.
Ingredients for Vietnamese Iced Coffee:
- 2 Shots Espresso
- 1 Tbsp. Dairy Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Ice Cube
Ingredients for Dairy Free Sweetened Condensed Milk:
- 1 (11oz ) Bottle So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk
- 1 C. Powdered sugar
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla extract (optional)
Directions for Dairy Free Sweetened Condensed Milk:
- In a small/medium size saucepan pour in the bottle of coconut culinary milk and bring to a low boil.
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes while whisking continuously.
- Lower the heat bringing the milk to a simmer. Add in the powdered sugar and continue to whisk until the sugar has fully dissolved. Add in your salt and vanilla (if using) and allow to simmer until the mixture has reduced by half — about 30-40 minutes.
- Use immediately for your recipe and store any unused sweetened-condensed milk in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Yields: 5 oz.
Note: This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled but may need additional simmer time.
Directions for Dairy Vietnamese Iced Coffee:
- Brew espresso via your method of choice.
- Serve in a 3 oz glass over an ice cube, then drizzle in the sweetened condensed milk.
Yields: 1 servings