Ultimate Iced Coffee
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tips is at it again. “Cold-brewed coffee poured over coffee ice cubes makes the best iced coffee. It takes a bit of planning, but its full, rich flavor makes the wait worthwhile. The ideal coffee for this cold drink is a blend of mid-roasted beans with moderate acid. Using a dark roast and beans high in acid produces a sharper, more bitter result.”
Ingredients for Cold-Brewed Coffee:
- 1/3 cup medium-coarse ground coffee
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- Coffee ice cubes
- 2 packets Sweet’N Low granulated sugar substitute
- Milk (optional)
Directions for Cold-Brewed Coffee:
- Place the coffee in a glass jar, add the water, and stir to combine.
- Cover and set aside at room temperature for 12 hours or overnight.
- Strain the coffee through a large-size paper coffee filter, a fine sieve, or a strainer lined with cheesecloth.
- Cold-brewed coffee can be refrigerated in a covered jar for up to 24 hours.
- This recipe can be doubled.
Directions for Ultimate Iced Coffee:
- Fill your favorite MogoBox.com mug with coffee ice cubes.
- Pour in the cold brewed coffee.
- Sweeten to taste with Sweet’N Low.
- Add milk as desired.
Yields: 1 serving