MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: A quick and easy comfort food treat that doesn’t sacrifice deliciousness but saves precious minutes and will have you curling up on the sofa with family, lighting a fire, and watching a good movie in minutes.
Two-Minute Bread Pudding in a Mug with Browned Butter Vanilla Sauce
Ingredients for Bread Pudding:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-2 slices French bread, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch or sprinkle of nutmeg
Ingredients for Browned Butter Vanilla Sauce (Enough for 2 to 4 Mugs):
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
Instructions for Bread Pudding (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug):
- If using sauce, make that first and set aside.
- Butter your mug of choice. I usually put a pat of butter in the bottom of the mug and microwave for 15 seconds until soft and then coat the butter with a knife around the bottom and edges of the mug.
- Cube the bread and place in the mug. You will want it overflowing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour slowly over the cubed bread in the mug, pushing the bread down slightly with a fork into the egg mixture to coat. Sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and check. You will want a toothpick to come out clean. This will take anywhere from 1 to 2 minutes, depending on your microwave. Mine is perfect at 1 minute, 30 seconds. My mom’s microwave is perfect at about 1 minute, 20 seconds.
Instructions for Browned Butter Vanilla Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter until it turns into a toasty brown color.
- Then add brown sugar and milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5-8 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil.
- Stir in vanilla carefully.
- You can make it up the night before and store in the fridge until ready for it.
Cook Time: Between 1 to 2 minutes
Yields: 2 – 4 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings