Turmeric Pumpkin Spice Latte with Anti-Inflammatory Benefits
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: With these natural, wholesome ingredients, you get nothing artificial and no refined sweeteners. Thanks to the hefty dose of turmeric, you get an extra boost of anti-inflammatory and digestion benefits.
Ingredients for the Coffee:
- 8 oz espresso or brewed coffee of choice
Ingredients for the Syrup:
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 t cinnamon
- ½ t nutmeg
- ¼ t cloves
- ½ t turmeric
- Place maple syrup, pumpkin puree, coconut cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and turmeric in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir the mixture constantly for 5 minutes until thickened and fragrant. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- As the pumpkin spice syrup is cooling, brew coffee or espresso.
- Pour hot coffee or espresso to a cup and add 3-4 tablespoons of the pumpkin spice syrup.
- Transfer remaining pumpkin spice syrup to a container and store in the refrigerator.
- Since most people don’t have an espresso machine at home, I recommend you make your coffee strong if you really want that distinct latte taste.
- If your syrup is too grainy, transfer it to a blender and blend on high to further break it down. This also makes the syrup frothier!
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving