MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Turkish coffee is always served with water, because a sip of water will allow the person to clear his/her palate before drinking coffee for the best enjoyment. In addition to water, most people like to serve it with a small sweet treat like Turkish delights, chocolate, candy, etc.
- 3 Turkish coffee cup-sized cups of cold filtered water (1-1/2 cup per cup)
- 2 heaping tablespoons Turkish Coffee (ground)
- Sugar – as requested
- Place the sugar (if desired), water, and Turkish coffee in metal Turkish coffee pot (Cezve).
- Using a small spoon, stir briefly until just combined and place pot on stovetop.
- Slowly bring coffee mixture to a boil over medium heat. This will take 3-4 minutes, so keep a close watch.
- As the coffee warms, you will see a dark foam building up. Closer to it coming to a boil, using a teaspoon, transfer some of the foam into each of your two Turkish coffee cups. Return coffee pot to stovetop.
- As coffee comes to a boil, pour half of the coffee into the cups, over the foam.
- Return coffee pot to stovetop and boil the remaining coffee for an additional 15-20 seconds and pour the rest in to the coffee cups to the rim.
- Serve with water and Turkish delight.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving