MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: If you love chocolate, coconut, and coffee, then you’ll love these hot Toasted Coconut Mochas topped with homemade whipped cream. The perfect pick me up when you need an energy boost.
Toasted Coconut Mocha
Ingredients for Mocha:
- 1/4 cup Amoretti Premium dark chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 16 ounces (2 cups) hot coffee
- 1/2 cup dairy or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
Ingredients for Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions for Mocha:
- In the bottom of one coffee mug stir together 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup and 1/2 coconut extract.
- Pour in 1 cup hot coffee and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in 1/4 cup milk.
- Repeat with a second coffee mug.
- Top both with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Instructions for Whipped Cream:
- In a large mixing bowl (with whisk attachment if using a stand mixer), beat the heavy cream until thickened.
- Gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla then continue beating until stiff peaks form (when you pull the beater up, peaks will form and not fall over).
- Technically mochas are made with espresso and steamed milk, but regular coffee is used in this recipe.
- For the mocha part, Amoretti Dark Chocolate Syrup was used. Amoretti syrups have a more concentrated flavor than most syrups, which means you only need 1-2 pumps in your drink. This means your bottle will last longer because you don’t need to use as much.
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings