MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: The thing about cucumber in a cocktail is that it’s not extraordinary; but is at the same time. It’s adds a cool element, much like cucumbers do to a salad or sandwich. Not overwhelming or overpowering, nope just something almost indiscernible yet still so refreshing.This is so perfect; one of those ultra refreshing cocktails, especially after a hot night of 4th of July fireworks.
The Firecracker – Watermelon, Lime and Cucumber Cocktail
- 4 oz Prairie Cucumber Vodka
- 4 (1-inch) cubes of seedless watermelon
- 2 limes, diced
- 2 oz simple syrup (Boil 1/4 cup water and sugar just until sugar dissolves. Add 1/4 cup ice to cool – refrigerate leftovers)
- Lime Rim (equal amounts salt and sugar combined with some fresh grated lime)
- 2 Watermelon Slices
- 2 cucumber slices
- 2 small mint sprigs
- Combine vodka, watermelon and lime in a cocktail shaker. Muddle all ingredients well. Add simple syrup, fill with ice, cover and shake until ice cold.
- Rim the glasses with a cut lime and dip in the lime rim mixture.
- Fill the glasses with ice and strain the ingredients from the shaker into the glasses.
- Garnish with a watermelon slice, a cucumber slice and a mint sprig.
No Cucumber Vodka? No problem.
Simply add a couple of slices to cucumber to the watermelon and lime and muddle them together; use regular vodka of your choosing.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Minute
Total Time: 6 Minutes
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings