Superrich Hot Chocolate with Coconut Cream
- One 13.5 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 2/3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (18 ounces)
- Marshmallows, for serving (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk and sugar and heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar; keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and whole milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chocolate chips and remove from the heat.
- Let stand, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted; whisk until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into 8 mugs and spoon some of the coconut milk on top.
- Garnish with the marshmallows and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 8 servings