Strawberry-Basil Iced Tea
Strawberries and basil give nuance to iced tea. The drink is toted in an old-fashioned glass jar with ice added just before serving. Small bags of pistachios are the perfect accompaniment. Another MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip.
- 8 black-tea bags
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved (quartered if large)
- 1 cup water, plus more for steeping
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh basil, plus more for serving
- Ice, for serving
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Place strawberries in a bowl.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, add basil, and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain over strawberries; discard basil.
- Toss to coat. Let stand until cool, about 25 minutes.
- Combine strawberries (with syrup) and tea in a pitcher.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice in your favorite MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude and garnish with basil.