Steak Island Beer Cocktail
MogoBlog MogoLicious brings you another Tasty Tip. This refreshing beer cocktail has a savory twist: no, there’s no meat in it, but the secret ingredient is steak sauce.
- 8 ounces red and yellow bell pepper slices
- 14 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice from about 14 limes
- 4 ounces steak sauce, such as A1
- 1/4 ounce freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 48 ounces lager, such as Pacifico
- Lime wheels and additional bell pepper slices for garnish
- In the bottom of a pitcher, muddle together the bell peppers and lime juice. Add the steak sauce and pepper. If your sauce is not on the salty side, add some additional salt to your liking. Cover and refrigerate the base at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- To serve, add beer straight to the pitcher and stir gently to combine, serving into ice-filled glasses or the Whopper Beer Mug. Alternately, you can pour about 2 1/2 ounces of the cocktail base into a highball glass filled with ice. Top off with about 5 ounces of the beer and stir gently to combine.
- Garnish glasses with lime wheels and bell pepper slices, serve.
Yields: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours up to overnight