MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This festive, Starbucks-inspired latte, is made with strong brewed espresso, steamed eggnog and milk.
Starbucks Eggnog Latte
- 4 ounces boiling water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder – I use Medaglia D’Oro Instant Espresso Coffee (you want a strong cup of coffee)
- 1/4 cup milk (use skim or 2%)
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg, or to taste, plus more for dusting
- whipped cream, optional
Stir the espresso powder into the hot water and set aside.
In a glass measuring cup combine milk, eggnog, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; whisk/stir until thoroughly combined.
Place in Microwave and cook for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until the milk starts to froth up.
Remove from Microwave and stir/whisk again.
Place in Microwave for an additional 30 seconds, or until the milk begins to froth up again.
Remove and, while stirring the eggnog-mixture, slowly pour the coffee into the eggnog-.mixture.
Top with whipped cream and dust with nutmeg.
WW SmartPoints: 8
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yields: MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings