Spiced Orange Mocha
- 1 medium orange
- 7 whole cloves
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 inches stick cinnamon
- Using a vegetable peeler or sharp knife, remove peel from orange; set aside. Squeeze juice from orange; add water, if necessary, to equal 1/3 cup. Set aside.
- For spice bag, place orange peel, cinnamon, and cloves in a double layer square of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Bring up corners; tie with string.
- In a large saucepan combine orange juice, spice bag, water, milk, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and coffee crystals. Bring to boiling; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove spice bag. Stir in rum extract. Makes 6 (6-ounce) servings.
Servings Per Recipe 6, sat. fat (g) 1, Fat, total (g) 2, chol. (mg) 6, fiber (g) 0, sodium (mg) 51, iron (mg) 1, pro. (g) 4, vit. C (mg) 8, carb. (g) 26, calcium (mg) 131, cal. (kcal) 136, vit. A (RE) 52