Spiced Apple-Cranberry Cider
- 4 stick cinnamon, broken up
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 1/4 cups cranberry juice
- Apple cider or apple juice
- Wrap spices in a small piece of 100 percent cotton cheesecloth tied with thread. (Or, omit cheesecloth and place spices in cranberry mixture. Strain before chilling.)
- In a microwave-safe 4-cup measuring cup, combine cranberry juice and spices. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 minutes or until boiling. Remove from oven and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Discard spice bag. Transfer mixture to a covered container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- For each serving, pour equal parts of apple cider and chilled cranberry mixture into microwave-safe mugs. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 2 to 3 minutes to heat one mug or 6 to 7 minutes for four mugs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Stand Time: 1 hour
Yields: 4 servings