MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Nothing is more festive than this red, white, and blue vodka slushies! These slushies are made with real fruit juice and are the perfect summer drink!
Red, White, and Blue Vodka Slushies
- 6 oz vodka divided
- 12 oz frozen strawberries
- 3 1/2 cups lemonade
- 12 oz frozen blueberries
- Ice 4 cups ice
- In a blender, combine 2 oz vodka, strawberries, 1 cup of lemonade and 1 cup of ice in a blender. Blend until combined. Place mixture in a container and place in the freezer. Rinse blender.
- Combine 2 oz vodka, blueberries, 1 cup of lemonade and 1 cup of ice in the blender. Blend until combined and pour into a separate container; freeze. Rinse out the blender.
- Combine the 2 oz of vodka, remaining 1 1/2 cups of lemonade and ice in the blender. Blend until combined. Pour into a third container and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Layer a scoop of each mixture into separate glasses.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe is super simple, it just takes a little planning. You can use frozen fruit, lemonade, vodka and ice for each layer. The red layer is made with frozen strawberries and lemonade, substitute raspberries if you’d like. The blue layer is made with frozen blueberries and lemonade but blackberries would work very well. The white layer is simply ice and lemonade.
- Vodka is added to each layer, but you can 100% omit the vodka for a family friendly summer drink option instead.
- The vodka is not that strong, feel free to adjust to your wants and needs
- Puree each layer in a blender (do not thaw the fruit), then allow them to sit in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Because of the alcohol, they will not completely freeze.
- The white layer needs the most ice as there is no fruit to bulk it up.
- Keep each mixture in the freezer until ready to serve, once you scoop up your layers into your glasses, serve immediately.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings