MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This recipe combines the sweet flavors from bananas, and cherries, with the slightly tart flavors from the raspberries and blueberries and spinach, which is perfectly disguised in the blueberry layer- no one will know!
Red White and Blue Smoothie
Ingredients for the Red Layer:
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 2 cups spinach, fresh
- 1/2 cup raspberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup cherries, frozen
- zest of lemon
- shredded coconut, to garnish
- Simply blend in a Vitamix/high speed blender the ingredients for each layer below.
- Blue Layer // Blend spinach and blueberries together until smooth (use coconut milk to achieve the desired thickness/thinness)
- Red Layer // Blend raspberries and cherries together until smooth (use coconut milk to achieve the desired thickness/thinness).
- White Layer // Blend frozen banana and zest of lemon until smooth (use coconut milk to achieve the desired thickness/thinness).
- Alternate the blue Layer with the white Layer until all is used. The last layer will be only red.
- Garnish with unsweetened shredded coconut flakes!
- It’s important to blend the following ingredients separately to have the “stripe effect”.
- After making each layer, keep it in the freezer (in their separate bowls) so it will not melt and assembling the layers after all are made.
Yields: MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings