MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: These Red White and Blue Berry Milkshakes feature layers of strawberry, vanilla, and blueberry milkshake; a fun drink to make with the kids! Adults love them too…A delicious dessert to wrap up your Fourth of July bbq this year and impress your guests at the same time!
Red White and Blue Berry Milkshakes
Ingredients for the Red Layer:
- 1 carton vanilla ice cream
- 1 pkg strawberries
- 1 pkg blueberries
- Red and blue food coloring
- Spray whipped cream
- Blend ⅓ of your vanilla ice cream in a blender with blueberries and about 5 drops of blue food coloring. Add more food coloring to get desired color.
- Carefully spoon in your blueberry layer of milkshake to fill ⅓ of your glasses (you’ll want to use a clear glass so that the red white and blue layers will be visible). Use spoon to evenly distribute in bottom of glasses then set aside in freezer.
- Blend ⅓ of your vanilla ice cream in a blender. Add a dash of milk if too thick. You want it to be a fairly thick consistency, just slightly thinner than the blueberry layer.
- Carefully spoon in your vanilla layer of milkshake to fill the second ⅓ of your glasses on top of the blueberry layer. Evenly distribute this layer with spoon and then set aside in freezer.
- Blend the remaining ⅓ of your vanilla ice cream with strawberries and about 5 drops of red food coloring. Add more food coloring to get desired color.
- Carefully spoon in your strawberry layer of milkshake to fill to the top of your glasses, the remaining ⅓. Use spoon to evenly distribute this layer.
- Top with whipped cream, garnish with a whole strawberry and enjoy!
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings