MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: It’s time to get cozy with some hot chocolate. Call your favorite person – your bff or your honey, – and tell them to come over for a delicious treat!
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
Ingredients for Red Velvet Hot Chocolate:
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 10 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used mini chocolate chips)
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Whipped Cream:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, cold
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
Instructions for Red Velvet Hot Chocolate:
- Place milk and granulated sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate with wire whisk until melted.
- Stir in food color and vanilla.
- Pour into serving mugs.
- Serve with marshmallows and Cream Cheese Whipped Cream, if desired.
Instructions for Creamed Cheese Frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip cold cream until soft peaks form (this may take 5-10 minutes) Start on low and gradually increase speed to high. Place whipped cream in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla in bowl of stand mixer and beat until well combined and creamy.
- Fold in whipped cream by hand until fully combined and fluffy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Dollop or pipe onto red velvet hot chocolate.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 4 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings