Celebrate the beginning of berry season with this tangy take on limeade, made with fresh raspberries that are puréed with lime juice and just the right amount of sugar. Serve ice cold, garnished with more berries and lime wedges. And a splash of gin or vodka if you’d like.
- 1 quart raspberries
- 1 cup fresh juice from about 20 limes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 quart ice
- Raspberries and lime wedges for serving
- Combine raspberries, lime juice, sugar, and salt in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher.
- Discard solids.
- Add cold water and whisk to combine.
- Add ice.
- Serve in ice-filled glasses, i.e. Whopper Beer Mugs, It holds more.
- Garnished with raspberries and lime wedges.
Yields: 1 quart, serving 4 to 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes