Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Spice Base:
- 1 cup real pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte:
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Base
- 1 cup milk (whole, 2%, skim, almond, coconut, soy, what have you…)
- 1 chai tea bag. I like Stash Chai Spice best
- Whipped Cream, optional
- Fresh nutmeg, optional
Directions To Make the Pumpkin Spice Base:
- Mix all of the base ingredients together until it is evenly coloured and darkened.
- Scrape it into a clean jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Directions To Make a Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte:
- Pour about 4 ounces of boiling water over the chai tea bag (unless you’re using green or white chai, in which case you use under-boiling water!) Let it sit while you prepare the pumpkin milk.
- Stir the Pumpkin Spice Base and the milk together in a microwave safe 2 cup container or a saucepan until smooth.
- If microwaving, heat on high until steamy and frothy.
- If heating in a saucepan, heat over medium high heat until steaming hot.
- Pour the hot milk into the tea. You can leave the tea bag in if you’d like it very strong or remove it according to your own preference.
- Serve as is or top with a thick cap of whipped cream and a few scrapings of nutmeg. Say ahhhhhhh.
Yields: 1 serving