MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Warm up this winter with a pumpkin spice latte made with chai (instead of coffee), pumpkin spice, and pumpkin purée.
Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte
Ingredients Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte:
- 2 cups milk (any kind)
- 2 chai tea bags
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, mix on low heat the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add milk, brown sugar, and chai tea bags.
- Brew chai for five minutes on low heat. Keep stirring with a whisk until pumpkin puree is completely incorporated into the milk.
- Take off heat and discard the chai tea bags.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Serve in two mugs.
- To add a layer of frothed milk on top of the drink, simmer on low heat 1/3 cup of milk until milk is hot. Whisk milk until froth forms and spoon or pour onto the pumpkin spice chai lattes.
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings