Pumpkin Pie Chai Tea
- 1⁄2 stick cinnamon (broken into about 3 peices)
- 15 -20 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon loose tea (*See Note Below*)
- 1⁄2teaspoon honey
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- boiling water
- sugar (optional)
- milk (optional)
- ice (optional)
- Place all of the solids into the bottom of a tea press.
- Fill the press with the boiling water.
- Press, and steep for around 5 to 15 minutes, depending on how strong you like your tea.
- Pour the tea into mugs, and add sugar and milk to taste. I personally do not add anything.
- For a refreshing chai, add in some Ice cubes.
Note: If you do not have loose tea, try emptying some tea bags, to get enough tea to make a tablespoon. Use an “unflavored” tea – Earl Grey, Lipton, English Breakfast, etc., don’t use an orange tea or berry tea for example.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 – 4 servings