Pineapple Iced Tea
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Whether you’re hosting a party or just mixing up a refreshing batch to serve at home, iced tea lends itself to fun, seasonal variations. This one is for you Mark! Happy Birthday!
- 1 20-oz. can pineapple chunks
- 4 family-size tea bags (or 16 individual tea bags)
- 2 cups boiling water
- ½ cup sugar
- 9 cups cold water, divided
- Drain the pineapple chunks, reserving the juice. Place 1 pineapple chunk in each compartment of 3 ice-cube trays, and fill the trays with water. Freeze until solid, at least 6 hours.
- Place tea bags in a large heatproof measuring cup. Add 2 cups boiling water, and let the tea stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir together reserved pineapple juice, sugar and 1 cup cold water in a large pitcher.
- Discard tea bags.
- Pour hot tea into the pineapple juice mixture in pitcher; stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in remaining 8 cups cold water. Chill until ready to serve.
- Place pineapple ice cubes in glasses; fill with tea and serve.
Total Time: 20 minutes plus freezing
Yields: 11 Mugs with Attitude servings