Pineapple Ginger Cleansing Juice
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Detox juices are a healthy tool to use to gently cleanse and alkalize the body and shed a few unwanted pounds. It’s important, however, to consume pineapples in moderation because it contains fructose, which can cause blood sugar spikes. Rather than drinking this detox juice straight-up in one shot, fill a glass quarter full of it, add crushed ice, then fill the remaining with water. You can drink several glasses this way throughout the day, consuming this Pineapple Ginger Cleansing Juice in smaller diluted portions. It’s also good to eat a handful of almonds when drinking fruit juices for the plant protein to balance the sugar levels to keep them from spiking.
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, peeled
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled
- 3 pieces of turmeric
- 1 lime, peeled
- Fresh mint
- Coconut water or Distilled water
- Juice all of the ingredients in a high-powered juicer.
- Pour 1/4 glass full of juice, 1/4 glass full of crushed ice, and fill the rest of the glass with coconut water or distilled water.
- Garnish with lime slices and fresh mint