MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Here to help with a foolproof method for strong iced coffee that tastes like it’s straight from a coffee shop. You won’t need a coffee maker for this recipe (surprise!), but you will need a few large containers and a cheesecloth. Oh, and some coffee lovers or some good refrigerator space, because this recipe serves 24. You’ll be set for weeks!
Perfect Iced Coffee
- 1 pound ground coffee (good, Rich Roast)
- 8 quarts cold water
- Half-and-half (healthy Splash Per Serving)
- Sweetened condensed milk (2-3 Tablespoons Per Serving)
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- In a large container, mix ground coffee with water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature eight hours or overnight. Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds.
- Place coffee liquid in the fridge and allow to cool. Use as needed. To make iced coffee, pack a glass full of ice cubes. Fill glass two-thirds full with coffee liquid. Add healthy splash of half-and-half. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk (can use plain sugar instead) and stir to combine. Taste and adjust half-and-half and/or sweetened condensed milk as needed.
Yields: 24 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® servings