No-Churn Mudslide Ice Cream and Affogato
What’s an Affogato? Typically it’s a scoop or two of gelato or ice cream, topped with a shot of hot espresso. You can fudge a little bit and use strong hot coffee instead, if you don’t have an espresso machine to hand. Some consider it a drink, but I consider it a completely grown up float – especially with that Mudslide flavor floating around in my espresso shot.
Ingredients for the No-Churn Ice Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup BAILEYS® Mudslide Coffee Creamer
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
Ingredients for the Affogato:
- 2 small scoops No-Churn Mudslide Ice Cream
- 1 shot espresso or 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
Directions for the No-Churn Ice Cream:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, whip the cream and BAILEYS® Mudslide Coffee Creamer until it holds stiff peaks, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to low and gradually stream in the sweetened condensed milk. Mix on low until combined, about 1 minute
- Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze overnight.
Directions for the Affogato:
- Place 2 small scoops of No-Churn Mudslide Ice Cream into your favorite MogoBox.com mug.
- Pour 1 shot hot expresso or 3 tablespoons of strong coffee over ice cream and enjoy the morphing experience.