MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This is a donut that can be mixed up in less than five minutes, cooked in one minute with no need for a fryer, and it tastes like a donut!!!! What is not to love about that?
Mugnut (Jam Doughnut in a Mug)
- 2 tablespoons (1oz/30g) butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- Cinnamon sugar to garnish
Instructions (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug):
Place butter into a microwavable mug and microwave until just melted. (roughly 20 seconds)
Add in the remaining ingredients; mix well with fork until just combined
Once the batter is mixed place the spoonful of jam down into the batter to get a jammy center
Microwave for 45 seconds or until is firm on top. (Cooking time is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary) Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top and enjoy straight away!
- They can be mixed up in advance for an even speedier meal
- Cooking time will vary depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug
- You can replace the egg with 2 tablespoons of banana or apple sauce
- You can bake them in the oven at 350oF (180oC) for roughly 10-12 minutes. However every mug is different so I advise checking on it after 10 and then make a call.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving