MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: A Molten chocolate mug cake and ice cream for one. Need I say more? This mug cake recipe is a five-minute-microwave hero when a chocolate craving hits.
Molten Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vanilla bean ice cream (optional)
Instructions (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug or Glass Mug):
- Combine the butter, egg, and cream together in a coffee mug until well combined.
- Add the flour and sugar and keep stirring.
- Add the cocoa, vanilla, and salt and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the mug in a microwave and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the mug from the microwave and let it sit for a few minutes to cool.
- Top the cake with the ice cream, grab a spoon, and dig in.
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving