MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: If you are looking for a tasty treat with minimal effort and time, then keep reading and make this cake in a mug. Yes, it tastes like cake but by no means is it a gourmet cake. It is made in the microwave people, what do you expect?
M&M Cake in a Mug
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 5 ½ tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened – almost melted
- 3-4 tablespoons M&Ms
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- optional toppings: ice cream, whipped cream or cool whip
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- Heat butter in bottom of a large mug in the microwave until nearly melted. Stir in sugar, flour and baking powder. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is well incorporated. Mix in M&Ms and get them well distributed amongst the batter.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 ½ – 2 minutes or until the cake is set.
- Cool slightly and top with ice cream, whipped cream or cool whip.
- If you are making more than one cake, be sure to mix the ingredients separately and cook in the microwave separately.
- This cake in a mug needs some form of topping – either ice cream, whipped cream or cool whip. The creaminess of the topping really makes the cake.
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® serving