MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Red Velvet Cake is a magical chocolate cake that is synonymous with Valentine’s Day.
Microwave Red Velvet Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk (substitute sour cream or yogurt if not available)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons red food coloring
Instructions (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug or Glass Mug):
- Mix all the wet ingredients together into an oversized mug using a fork until batter is smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined
- Cook in microwave for 50 seconds. (every microwave is different so cooking may vary)
- Be careful not to overcook as batter will become dense and rubbery.
- Let cake cool slightly before piping on cream cheese frosting.
- The cook time is based on a microwave which is 1200 Watts so your cook time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. When in doubt check your mug meal after 45 seconds just to make sure it is cooking ok. You can always cook it for 30 second intervals if you wish. Also the mugs used here are small, roughly 6oz (¾ /1 cup) but feel free to use bigger.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving