Mexican Coffee Cocktail
Reading the ingredients in this recipe – sweetened condensed milk and hot sauce… in coffee? – made my stomach churn a little. Suffice it to say, you will be pleasantly surprised to find this coffee concoction is surprisingly smooth. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Ingredients for Coffee:
- ½ cup hot coffee
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 2 dashes Tabasco or other hot sauce
- whipped cream for topping
- cinnamon for garnishing
Ingredients for Simple Syrup:
- equal parts sugar and water
Directions for the Mexican Coffee Cocktail
- Stir together the hot coffee, sweetened condensed milk, tequila, simple syrup, and Tabasco in your favorite MogoBox.com mug.
- Top with as much or as little whipped cream as you like.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon.
Directions for the Simple Syrup:
- Combine the two in a saucepan and bring to a simmer until the sugar is fully dissolved, about three minutes (the mixture will change from cloudy to clear).
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Store the simple syrup in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- The original recipe called for tequila reposado, but I used silver because that is what I had on hand.
- The measurements called for in the recipe yield little more than a half cup of coffee, so you may want to double the recipe to prepare a full mug as pictured.
Yields: 1 serving