MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Lasagna – Total Cost: $2.48 – Quick, easy, good, and cheap! Time to micro.
Lasagna in a Mug
- 2 sheets of lasagna noodles, broken into about 12 pieces: 24 cents
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce: 16 cents
- 1/4 tbsp dried basil: 11 cents
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese: $1.70
- 4 tablespoons ricotta or cottage cheese: 27 cents
Instructions (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug):
- Put the pasta in a mug or large bowl, and cover it with water.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then stir the noodles to keep them from clumping.
- Microwave the pasta for another 90 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on how firm you like your noodles.
- Drain the pasta.
- Stir the dried basil into the marinara sauce, and pour about 2 tablespoons into the bottom of a mug.
- Layer in the mug, in order, ⅓ of the noodles, ⅓ of the marinara, ⅓ of the ricotta and then ⅓ of the mozzarella. Repeat the layering process twice. Spread both cheeses well to cover the pasta and keep it from drying out in the microwave.
- Place the mug in the microwave, and cook for 2 ½ to 3 minutes until lasagna is heated through.
- Let it cool for 1 minute.
Cook Time: 2 ½ to 3 minutes
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving