Irish Coffee Riff
Drew Hamm at Henry’s in Chicago makes a toasty spin on the traditional Irish coffee by adding Flor de Cana rum and a cinnamon syrup to the usual Irish whiskey base.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 oz. Jameson Irish whiskey
- 1 oz. Flor de Cana 7-Year rum
- 3 oz. freshly-brewed coffee
- Whipped cream to garnish
- Ground cinnamon to garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar with the cinnamon sticks and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, and then remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Discard the cinnamon sticks and pour the syrup into a container.
- Refrigerate the cinnamon syrup for up to 2 months.
- In a Mogobox.com coffee mug, combine 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon syrup with the whiskey and rum.
- Pour in the coffee.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and dust with ground cinnamon before serving.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 1 cocktail