Irish Coffee – there’s something worth a toast: the boggy funk of whiskey rising through an equatorial brew to meet a cool cloud of whipped cream.
- ½ cup heavy cream, cold
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Vanilla extract, if desired
- 1 ½ ounces Irish whiskey
- 6 ounces hot, fresh coffee.
- Whip the heavy cream. Add 1/2 teaspoon sugar and a dash of vanilla, if desired, just before the cream starts to form soft peaks. Whip until firm.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 teaspoon sugar into a tall ceramic cup or MogoBox.com mug.
- Add the whiskey, then pour in the coffee to about an inch below the brim.
- Apply a generous dollop of whipped cream to the top.
Yields: 1 serving
Prep Time: 10 minutes