MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This recipe is super filling, low in calories, high in protein, and the perfect morning pick-me-up! To be honest, it’s not very sweet, Perfect for a black coffee drinker.
Iced Coffee Protein Shake
- About 2 Cups of Ice
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Cold Brewed Coffee (unsweetened)
- 1 Chopped Frozen Banana
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder (Chocolate or Vanilla)
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth (start with less ice and keep adding more until you get the consistency you like). Feel free to add a little plain greek yogurt or peanut butter to make it richer.
- You can also puree this recipe (with an unfrozen banana), and pour it over ice. Keep in mind that this will lower the servings.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment and add some of your own favorite ingredients (unsweetened cocoa powder, greek yogurt, flax meal, coconut milk, oatmeal, chia seeds, peanut butter, etc.)
- Be sure to use a protein powder that you love. If you find the protein powder taste to be a little overwhelming, try using just 1/2 a scoop, and add a little plain greek yogurt.
- Use more or less banana depending on how sweet you would like your drink (the frozen banana also makes it a lot creamier– closer to a shake than a smoothie). When I really want to treat myself, I use 2 frozen bananas.
- Because this energy-boosting shake only has about 115 calories per serving, don’t be afraid to add a little plain greek yogurt or peanut butter to the recipe if you want to drink it as a meal replacement. Greek yogurt makes this recipes a bit more tart and luscious
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings