Hot White Chocolate with Cardamom
- 2 oz. good-quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 2 pods green cardamom, lightly crushed
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Freshly grated nutmeg, as garnish
- Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Heat milk, cream and cardamom in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium heat until just beginning to bubble at edges, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain, discarding cardamom, and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over chocolate and let sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg to serve.
Yields: 1 serving