Hot Maine Mudslides (Irish Coffee) with Chocolate Biscotti
This Irish Coffee will have you sliding over for more Chocolate Biscotti’s as well as reaching to refill your favorite MogoBox.com morph mug.
Ingredients for Chocolate Biscotti
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Hot Maine Mudslides (Irish Coffee):
- 6 cups brewed coffee
- 1 1/4 cups store-bought chocolate syrup
- 1 cup Irish cream liqueur, such as Bailey’s
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened whipped cream
Directions for Chocolate Biscotti:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar, then mix in the eggs.
- On low speed, mix in the flour, cocoa powder, cocoa nibs (if using), baking powder and salt.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a greased cookie sheet and shape into a 1-by-5-by-6-inch log.
- Bake for 20 minutes; let cool for 20 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- On a work surface, using a serrated knife, cut the log crosswise into 12 slices.
- Return the slices to the baking sheet, cut side down, and bake until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Let the biscotti cool completely on the pan.
Directions for Hot Maine Mudslides (Irish Coffee):
- In a large saucepan, heat the coffee, chocolate syrup, liqueur and vodka over medium heat.
- Pour into your favorite MogoBox.com mugs.
- Top with the whipped cream.
- Serve with the biscotti.
Yields: 6 servings