MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Hot Irish Coffee, when iced just won’t do. Another Louisiana favorite. “Laissez le bon temps rouler”.
Hot Irish Coffee – LA
- Hot Water
- 2 or 3 heaping teaspoons (to taste) of demerara sugar
- Hot coffee
- 1 shot Irish Whiskey
- Heavy cream
- Preheat Irish Coffee glass by filling with hot water, then empty.
- Add to hot glass, demerara sugar.
- Add small amount of hot coffee and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add Irish Whiskey.
- Top with additional coffee until 3/4 full.
- In separate container, stir/whip heavy cream until bubbles disappear.
- Pour into coffee over back of spoon to maintain consistency.
- Do not stir cream into coffee.
- Drink coffee through cream and smile.
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving