Ingredients for Hot Cocoa
- 1 14 – ounce unsweetened light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- Hawaij spice blend
Ingredients for Hawaij
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon group cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Directions Hot Cocoa:
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients (except hawaij).
- Cook over medium heat, stirring with a whisk, until mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Top each mug with a pinch of hawaij.
Directions for Hawaij:
- In a jar, combine 1 tablespoon each ground ginger and ground cardamom; 1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg, ground cloves and ground cinnamon; and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Servings Per Recipe 2, sodium (mg) 97, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, fiber (g) 0, carb. (g) 29, Niacin (mg) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 10, Riboflavin (mg) 0, cal. (kcal) 247, vit. A (IU) 0, iron (mg) 2, Fat, total (g) 13, vit. C (mg) 0, sugar (g) 21, calcium (mg) 120, Potassium (mg) 18, pro. (g) 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Folate (µg) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0