Hot Chocolate Floats
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Regular hot chocolate gets an upgrade by adding ice cream, hot fudge sauce, and other gourmet toppings. Can you say “YUM”?
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups milk I used whole milk
- 2–3 tbsp brown sugar to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 6 oz good-quality bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 4 oz good-quality milk chocolate finely chopped
- 1 quart ice cream vanilla, peppermint, and coffee all work well!
- Hot fudge sauce
- Chocolate shavings or other decorations optional
Whisk together the cream, milk, 2 tbsp brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium saucepan. Place the pan over medium heat and cook it, whisking occasionally, until it starts to simmer. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the chopped chocolates, stirring until they’re melted. Carefully taste the mixture and add more sugar, if desired.
Place 2-3 scoops of ice cream into mugs. Pour hot chocolate on top of the ice cream, and garnish with whipped cream, fudge sauce, chocolate shavings, or other toppings. Serve with spoons for maximum slurping.
- If you prefer, you can substitute 4 cups of prepared hot chocolate instead.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 8 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings