Hot Caramel Chocolate
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 milk-chocolate-covered round caramels
- 6 cups milk, half-and-half, or light cream
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Milk chocolate-covered and/or candy-coated round caramels (optional)
- In a large saucepan combine sugar, cocoa powder, and water.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add candies; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in milk. Heat through.
- Pour into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and additional caramel candies.
Servings Per Recipe 6, sat. fat (g) 4, chol. (mg) 19, sodium (mg) 133, Fat, total (g) 7, vit. C (mg) 2, carb. (g) 29, iron (mg) 1, pro. (g) 10, calcium (mg) 293, vit. A (RE) 155, cal. (kcal) 213
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 6 servings