Hot and Spicy Himalayan Tea (Chai Tea)
- 7 cups water
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons Darjeeling tea leaves
- 1 cup milk
- Combine water, brown sugar, ginger root, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, bay leaves, fennel seeds, and peppercorns together in a pot; cover and boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Add tea leaves, and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Stir milk into tea mixture and bring to a boil.
- Strain tea into tea cups or MogoBox.com mugs.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 6 servings