MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Homemade Spaghetti-O’s make a great on-the-go lunch. What I like to do is put them hot into a clean coffee or soup canister. Then you can take it with you to work or school and you will have a hot lunch waiting for you. Or if you are like me it will be gone by 11am. Also feel free to multiply the recipe to have some leftovers for dinner as well.
Homemade Spaghettios in a Mug
- ⅓ cup (1 ½ oz/45g) pasta
- 1 cup (8oz / 230g) water, hot
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 4 tablespoons pasta sauce (tomato sauce)
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- In a large microwavable mug or large bowl add in the pasta and the water. You need a large mug as the water will boil up.
- Microwave for roughly another 3 ½ minutes or until tender. You want the pasta to be fully cooked. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Pour off the remaining cooking water.
- Stir in the cornstarch, tomato sauce and milk and microwave for a final 60 seconds or until the sauce thickens. The cornstarch is the thickener for the sauce.
- Stir well, season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug.
- Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
- WW SmartPoints: 6
- WW PointsPlus: 3
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® serving