MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Homemade Caramel Brulée Coffee Creamer is a quick and easy homemade recipe for making Copycat Starbucks Caramel Brulée Lattes at home!
Homemade Caramel Brulée Coffee Creamer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pinch of salt (about half of 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1 cup half-and-half (plus additional, if desired — see Notes below*)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-low to medium heat, melt butter.
- Mix in the brown sugar and stir for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the heavy cream and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the salt and the half-and-half and heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbles start forming around the edges of the saucepan and the creamer is very warm.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and blend in the vanilla.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes before transferring to a jar or bottle and storing in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days (or until the expiration date of the heavy cream and/or half-and-half that you used).
- Use real butter here…no substitutions! Salted butter is recommended for this recipe but unsalted would work as well.
- Be sure your saucepan is deep enough to account for the bubbling caramel that will rise up the sides of the pan as it cooks.
- When made as directed with 1 cup half-and-half, this creamer is pretty sweet and concentrated which, once added to coffee, more closely mimics a Starbucks Caramel Brulée Latte. If you prefer a less sweet creamer, you may increase the half-and-half up to 1 1/2 cups total. I recommend initially making the recipe with 1 cup half-and-half and then, if you think the creamer is too sweet, add additional half-and-half 1/4 cup at a time.
- Store-bought half-and-half is a mixture of 50% heavy cream and 50% whole milk. So if you have those ingredients, you can make your own half-and-half rather than buying it.
- The flavor of the vanilla comes through in this creamer, so be sure to use a good-quality, pure vanilla extract.
Yields: 1-1/2 cups MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings