Great Again Cocktail
Great Again Cocktail Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 oz vodka–such as Civic or Svedka
- 1 1/2 oz home-made grenadine
- 1 oz lime juice
- lime twist, for garnish
Home-made Grenadine Ingredients:
- 2 cups 100% pomegranate juice (Trader Joe’s brand or POM Wonderful both work)
- 2 cups sugar
- Small pinch salt (optional and non-traditional, but I add it because salt amplifies both the sweetness and the acidity of the fruit)
Great Again Cocktail Directions:
- Shake vigorously for as long as you can handle.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime twist.
Home-made Grenadine Directions:
- Combine juice, sugar, and salt in a Mason jar.
- Shake the jar for one minute. If you are pressed for time, or need an arm workout, you can continue shaking for approximately 10 minutes until the sugar dissolves. But if (like me) you prefer to minimize your effort, simply leave the jar on your kitchen counter for the rest of the day, giving it an occasional shake when you pass by. In less than a day the sugar should dissolve completely. This is your grenadine.
- Make some drinks right away (for a modern version of the Shirley Temple, combine 1.5 ounces of grenadine and the juice of one lime, then top with club soda), or put the bottle in the refrigerator for storage. If you won’t use up your grenadine within a few weeks, you can add one ounce of vodka to preserve it.
Great Again Cocktail Yields: 1 servings