MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Gluten free moist and tender chocolate mug cake is made in 1 minute in the microwave. A moist and tender gluten free chocolate mug cake can be done! It’s meant to be microwaved for just about 1 minute at 1000 watts (you can easily adjust any microwave down with power levels).
Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons (35 g) basic gum free gluten free flour blend (23 grams superfine white rice flour + 8 grams potato starch + 4 grams tapioca starch/flour)
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (24 g) sugar (can reduce to 1 1/2 tablespoons (18 g) for a less sweet version)
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk (any kind), at room temperature
- 1/2 ounce chocolate (any kind)
- Whipped topping, optional
- Raspberries, optional
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- Grease microwave-safe mug or mason jar with at least an 8-ounce capacity and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, place the flour blend, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar, and whisk to combine well.
- Add the butter and milk, and whisk until well-combined and smooth, working out any clumps of cocoa powder that may have formed. The batter will be smooth and thickly pourable.
- Pour half of the batter in the prepared mug or jar, add the 3 chocolate wafers or chips, and cover with the remaining cake batter in an even layer.
- Place the mug in your microwave oven and cook at about 1000 watts for 1 minute.* Test with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. If not, cook for up to another 20 seconds at about 1000 watts. Allow to cool briefly before serving.
- It is important to be able to approximate 1000 watts of power in your microwave oven. My microwave is 1200 watts, so I either microwave the cake for up to 1 minute 20 seconds at 80% power, or closer to 1 minute at 90% power.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® serving