MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tips has done it again. The ginger syrup made in step one may be stored in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to a week.
Instructions for Ginger-Lime Fizz:
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
Directions for Ginger-Lime Fizz:
- Combine ginger and sugar with 4 cups water, or enough to cover, in a medium saucepan.
- Place over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer; stir until sugar dissolves completely. Continue to simmer about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature, at least 2 hours.
- Strain out the ginger, and discard.
- Combine the ginger syrup, lime juice, and seltzer in a pitcher.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses or your favorite MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude.
- Serve immediately.
Yields: 8 servings