MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This German recipe for eiskaffee, or coffee and ice cream, attempts to recreate the flavor and feeling of a sidewalk café in Germany. Cold coffee and ice cream never tasted so good, and the caffeine content has a restorative quality.
German Eiskaffee: Coffee and Ice Cream
- 2 cups cold coffee
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- confectioners’ sugar, optional
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- In a glass or metal bowl, mix together cold coffee, evaporated milk, and sugar to taste until sugar dissolves completely. Chill thoroughly.
- Place 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream in each of the bottoms of two tall glasses. Pour the chilled coffee-milk-sugar mixture over it, and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- If desired, the whipped cream can be sweetened by adding sifted confectioners’ sugar to taste but, traditionally, it is left unsweetened.
- Serve immediately with an iced-tea spoon if desired. It doesn’t get any better than this.
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® servings