MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: With the warm spring weather upon us, what better than to have a tea party among the new blooms and greenery of the garden as you sip your Garden Tea Punch?
Garden Tea Punch
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons snipped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup strong brewed tea
- 1/2 1 bottle soda, chilled
- Fresh mint leaves or rose, calendula, or pansy Petals (optional)
- Ice cubes
- In a large stainless-steel or nonreactive saucepan combine the water, sugar, and snipped mint.
- Bring to boiling; remove from heat and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Place a sieve lined with 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth over a pitcher or small punch bowl. Strain mixture through the sieve; discard any solids.
- Add tea, orange juice, and lemon juice to the mixture, stirring to mix.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, slowly pour chilled club soda into mixture; stir gently.
- If desired, sprinkle with mint leaves.
- Serve punch over ice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Stand Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours to 24 hours
Yields: 8 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings