MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: The frozen Daiquiri is one of the most cooling, versatile drinks of summer. And thanks to its ability to take on a variety of flavors (and colors), it made the perfect canvas for this glorious, tri-layered Fourth of July cocktail.
Frozen Bomb Pop Daiquiri
6 oz. White Rum
.75 oz. Blue Curacao
- 2 oz. Lime Juice
- .75 oz. Simple Syrup
- .5 cup Strawberries
- 3 cups Crushed Ice
- Bomb Pop
- For blue layer: In a blender, blend blue curaçao, 2 oz of white rum and .75 oz lime juice with 1 cup ice until smooth. Divide evenly between two old-fashioned glasses. Place glasses in the freezer until the next layer is ready.
- For white layer: In a blender, blend 2 ounces white rum, .75 oz lime juice and .75 oz simple syrup with 1 cup ice until smooth. Remove old-fashioned glasses from the freezer and divide the mixture evenly between the two glasses, pouring slowly to create defined layers. Place the glasses in the freezer until the next layer is ready.
- For red layer: In a blender, blend 2 oz white rum, .5 oz lime juice and .5 cup strawberries with 1 cup ice until smooth. Remove old-fashioned glasses from the freezer and divide the mixture evenly between the two glasses, pouring slowly to create defined layers. (There may be some Strawberry Daiquiri left over, feel free to sip on the side as a reward.)
- Garnish with Bomb Pop popsicles, and enjoy!
Notes to make Simple Syrup:
- Combine 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, then immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (a Mason jar works nicely) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings