MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Imagine creamy, slightly savory peanut butter cake filled with warm, cinnamon apples. Yeah, your mouth is totally watering!
Eggless Apple Peanut Butter Microwave Mug Cake
For Peanut Butter Cake
- 5 tbspn all purpose flour/wheat flour
- 1/4 heaping tspn baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbspns white sugar
- 5 tbspn milk (at room temperature)
- 3 tbspn Creamy Peanut Butter
For Apple Filling
- 1 small apple (Any firm variety)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 tspn cinnamon powder (Increase up to 1/2 tspn if you love cinammon)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar / Palm Sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
Instructions (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug or Glass Mug):
To make the Apple filling
- Cut Apples to small chunks.
- In a microwave safe bowl place apple chunks. Add butter, Cinnamon powder and brown sugar and mix well. Microwave for 1-2 minutes till the apple softens.
- After microwaving you might see a good amount of liquid released. When still warm add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir well.
- Apple mixture will get thicken when you add flour. Keep aside the apple mixture while we make the cake batter.
To make Peanut butter cake
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. stir well. Then add soften peanut butter followed by milk. Mix till there is no trace of flour.
To assemble the Mug cakes
- Divide the batter equally among two microwave-safe mugs (I have used ramekins). Make sure the mugs are 3/4 filled.
- Spoon the apple mixture at the centre. After spooning press the mixture slightly at the centre.
- Microwave for about 1 to 1 minute 30 seconds. at 100% power.
- Drizzle with more peanut butter if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 14 minutes
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings